Michigan Attorneys For Denied Workers’ Compensation Claims
Being denied workers’ compensation benefits can be devastating, especially if you were relying on that compensation to help you get through your injury while you are not working.
At Steele & Ferguson, P.C., we know that this can be frustrating, but with help from our workers’ comp lawyers, you could see a favorable resolution in your case. Our team is always ready to provide you with dependable, experienced guidance. We have helped thousands of clients obtain millions of dollars in benefits. We want to help you, too.
For a free consultation, please call us at 888-471-2002 or complete our contact form. Our main office is in Flint, and we fight for injured workers and their families from Metro Detroit to Traverse City and beyond.
Common Reasons For Denied Claims In Michigan
There could be a variety of reasons your workers’ compensation claim was denied, but denials most commonly happen because of the following:
- You may not have filed within the small, 60-day window
- Your employer did not properly complete their portion of the compensation benefits
- Your employer does not carry insurance
- The employer is disputing the claim that you were injured
- The insurance company is denying the claim
- You were suspected of having a pre-existing condition
- The insurance company suspects your injuries were not severe enough
What Happens If My Workers’ Comp Claim Is Denied?
If your benefits were denied, you could still appeal the denial and potentially obtain the compensation that you were originally seeking. A denied workers’ compensation claims attorney at our firm can help you begin the appeals process. We can help you seek the following types of benefits:
- Wage replacement benefits
- Medical benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits
How Do I Appeal A Workers’ Comp Denial?
Denials can be appealed, and the appellate process can be quickly and effectively completed with the help of a skilled denied workers’ compensation attorney from Steele & Ferguson, P.C.
Our team will work with you to:
- Contact the insurer and the employer to determine what was the leading cause to deny the claim
- Refile any necessary paperwork, medical records and insurance documents
- Obtain an administrative hearing to discuss the denial
A skilled workers’ compensation attorney at Steele & Ferguson, P.C., can represent you throughout the course of the appeal and fight for you and your family.
Get A Free Consultation
If you have been denied workers’ comp benefits, or if you feel that your claim was not properly handled, do not hesitate to call our firm right away. For a free initial consultation, please call us in Flint at 888-471-2002 or complete our contact form. Our workers’ compensation lawyers fight for injured workers from all corners of Michigan.